The Cherokee Nation Tribal Youth Council’s purpose is to create future tribal leaders. We strive to act as a voice and as role models for Cherokee youth. We promote the mental and physical well being of our youth, develop peer programs, and participate in community service projects.
To apply you must read and understand the duties of the position, meet all of the eligibility requirements, and complete and postmark all required documents as specified.
· Physically Attend Tribal Council Meetings,
· Physically Attend the Tribal Youth Council Meetings, plus activities,
· Agree to serve a complete 1-year term,
· Adhere to deadlines and turn in all paperwork and forms in a timely manner,
· Actively participate in all community service projects and peer discussions,
· Be a positive influence in your community and on your friends,
· Maintain acceptable academic standing,
· Conduct your behavior properly as an ambassador of the Cherokee Nation,
· Follow all direction of the Advisor
· Be a citizen of the Cherokee Nation
· Be age 15-22
· Have a permanent address inside the 14-county tribal jurisdictional service area
· Be engaged in a program of education and in good standing, with a GPA of not less than 2.5 on a 4 point scale,
· Postmark your completed application by the deadline.
· Applicants selected to serve on the TYC 18-19, will not be allowed to participate in other Cherokee Nation youth ambassadors programs simultaneously.
Mail Application to:
Tribal Youth Council
P.O. Box 948
Tahlequah, OK 74465-094
Emailed, faxed or hand-delivered applications will NOT be accepted -- No Exceptions.